Saturday 3 March 2012

a Review of Ika Natassa's Underground


Judul               : Underground

Penulis            : Ika Natassa

Penerbit          : Nulis Buku

Tahun             : 2010

Tebal               : 383

Ohaiyooo! I’m back with one more book review. This time I’ll discuss about my favorite writer’s book Ika Natassa, Underground. Underground is actually her first novel. She wrote it when she was 19 and she wrote it in English! Yes, this book was fully written in English. Super nice!

Okay back to the Underground itself, this book tells about the biggest music TV station in USA. It is a kind of MTV in real life. VJs, celebrities, music are easily found here. The plot of this book is easily to be understood, it is all about friendship and love. Let’s talk about it deeper:

Meet Liv Hunter, one of the Underground’s VJs and one of the Most 50 Beautiful People in the world. She is Blonde, edgy, chick, beautiful (of course), famous and lovable. Then meet her best friend, Stefan Marciano, her fellow VJ friend at Underground. Liv and Stefan are a best friend, until they’re tired of searching what-so-called soulmate and decided to become more than friends at last. Not only them, Underground has some coolest other VJs like Jared, Heather, Claire and many others. They bring their own unique stories I’m sure you won’t regret while reading it :)

Nah that’s a bit clue about this story that I wanna tell you. You have to buy this book to know the complete story :D

Overall this book is really refreshing. Because some characters here are very different with other Ika Natassa’s books. If her four novels (AVYW, Divortiare, Antologi Rasa, and Twivortiare) tell about a banker’s life, Underground serves some fresh characters. Even though this is Ika Natassa’s first novel (but came out after AVYW and Divortiare for some reasons), but this is the last book I read and of course it gives me something new about Ika’s books. This book flies my times back when I was in primary and secondary school, where MTV was my whole life! Haha true it is, I couldn’t live my any single day without watching it. So thank God I bought this book and thank you Ika Natassa for writing it :D

But there are things that “mengganjal” in my head about some parts of this book like, it is quite impossible for a popular and pretty lady like Liv who still remains virgin and she doesn’t drink beer? :| Also, this book was written in 1997, but why some VJs in this book mention about Jennifer Lopez’s Play and Nsync’s Girlfriend? Those songs supposed to be released after 2000s. But I don’t know if then Ika Natassa made some revisions about this story.

Well very good job for the author, and I deeply hope that she will write another English novel soon. :) pardon my English.
beautiw 
ps: you can buy Underground only on nulisbuku. mention @nulisbuku for more info :)

No comments: